Are you a newbie in Final Fantasy XIV and looking for where to buy starter gear? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will take you through the journey of acquiring starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. As a beginner, it’s essential to have the right gear to help you progress in the game. With our guide, you will be able to navigate through the different options available to purchase starter gear and make an informed decision. We will cover everything from the different types of gear to the best places to buy them. So, gear up and let’s get started!
Where to Buy Starter Gear in Final Fantasy XIV
Purchasing Gear from NPCs
When it comes to acquiring starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV, players have the option to purchase equipment from Non-Player Characters (NPCs). These NPCs can be found in various locations throughout the game world and offer a range of gear for players to purchase. In this section, we will discuss the different NPCs that offer starter gear, how to access them, and what gear they offer.
Different NPCs that offer starter gear
There are several NPCs in Final Fantasy XIV that offer starter gear for players. Some of the most common NPCs include:
- Blacksmiths: Blacksmiths are located in most major cities and offer a variety of armor and weapons for players to purchase.
- Weaponsmiths: Weaponsmiths are also located in most major cities and specialize in offering a range of weapons for players to purchase.
- Armorers: Armorers can be found in most major cities and offer a variety of armor for players to purchase.
- Goldsmiths: Goldsmiths are located in most major cities and offer a range of trinkets and jewelry for players to purchase.
How to access NPCs
To access NPCs in Final Fantasy XIV, players can use the in-game map to locate the nearest vendor. Simply open the map and look for the NPC icon, which indicates the location of a vendor. Players can then navigate to the vendor and interact with them to purchase gear.
Recommendations on which NPCs to visit for specific types of gear
When it comes to purchasing starter gear, players may want to consider visiting specific NPCs for certain types of equipment. For example, if a player is in need of a weapon, they may want to visit a weaponsmith. If a player is in need of armor, they may want to visit an armorer.
It’s important to note that not all NPCs offer the same gear, so players should take the time to explore the different vendors to find the equipment that best suits their needs. Additionally, some NPCs may offer gear that is only available at certain levels, so players should make sure to check the level requirements before purchasing equipment.
In conclusion, purchasing gear from NPCs is a convenient and accessible way for beginners to acquire starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. With a range of NPCs offering different types of equipment, players can easily find the gear that best suits their needs.
Acquiring Gear through Quests
Acquiring Gear through Quests
For beginners in Final Fantasy XIV, quests can be an excellent way to obtain starter gear. Many quests offer valuable rewards that can help new players get started in the game. In this section, we will explore the different quests that reward starter gear and provide tips on how to access and complete them.
Overview of the different quests that reward starter gear
There are several quests in Final Fantasy XIV that offer starter gear as rewards. Some of the most popular quests include:
- The Crystal Challenge: This quest is available in the starting city of Ul’dah and requires players to complete a series of challenges in the Labyrinth of the Ancients. Upon completion, players receive a set of starter gear.
- The New Garment of the Dark: This quest is available in the city of Limsa Lominsa and involves defeating a series of monsters to earn tokens. Players can then use these tokens to purchase starter gear from a vendor.
- My First Mount: This quest is available in the city of Gridania and requires players to complete a series of tasks to earn a starter mount.
How to access and complete these quests
To access these quests, players need to navigate to the respective city and look for the quest giver. For example, to start The Crystal Challenge, players need to go to the Labyrinth of the Ancients in Ul’dah.
Once the quest is started, players will need to complete a series of objectives to progress through the quest. For example, in The Crystal Challenge, players must navigate through a series of rooms and defeat monsters to progress.
Recommendations on which quests to prioritize for different types of gear
Depending on the type of gear you are looking for, some quests may be more beneficial than others. For example, if you are looking for starter weapons, The Crystal Challenge may be the best option. If you are looking for starter armor, The New Garment of the Dark may be the best choice.
It is important to note that these quests are only available to new players, so they should be completed as soon as possible to ensure you have access to the best gear possible. Additionally, completing these quests will also help you progress through the early levels of the game and unlock new areas and content.
Gear Rewards from Leveling
In Final Fantasy XIV, acquiring starter gear is an essential part of the game, especially for beginners. As players progress through the game, they will receive gear rewards from leveling up. These gear rewards are important because they will provide players with the necessary equipment to face challenges in the game.
Description of the Gear that is Obtained through Leveling Up
Players will receive different types of gear as they level up in Final Fantasy XIV. This gear includes weapons, armor, trinkets, and other items that can enhance a player’s abilities. Each type of gear has its own unique stats and bonuses, and players will need to understand how to use them effectively.
How to Level Up and What Gear to Expect at Each Level
Leveling up in Final Fantasy XIV is a gradual process that requires players to complete quests, missions, and other activities. As players progress through the game, they will receive gear rewards at certain levels. These gear rewards will vary depending on the level and the type of content that players are completing.
For example, players may receive a set of armor at level 10, a weapon at level 20, and a trinket at level 30. It is important for players to understand what gear to expect at each level, so they can plan their progression through the game.
Tips for Efficiently Leveling Up to Obtain the Best Starter Gear
To obtain the best starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV, players will need to efficiently level up through the game. Here are some tips to help players do just that:
- Complete quests and missions: These activities will provide players with experience points (XP) and help them level up faster.
- Choose the right content: Players should choose content that is appropriate for their level and skill level. This will help them progress through the game more efficiently and avoid getting stuck in content that is too difficult.
- Use the Duty Finder: The Duty Finder is a feature in Final Fantasy XIV that allows players to queue up for group content such as dungeons and raids. This can help players level up faster and obtain better gear rewards.
- Consider joining a party or group: Playing with others can help players level up faster and obtain better gear rewards. Players can join parties or groups through the Party Finder feature in Final Fantasy XIV.
Starter Gear Sets for Different Classes
Rogue/Ninja Starter Gear Set
The following is a comprehensive guide to acquiring the recommended starter gear set for Rogues and Ninjas in Final Fantasy XIV.
Overview of the Recommended Starter Gear Set
The recommended starter gear set for Rogues and Ninjas in Final Fantasy XIV includes the following items:
- Weapon: Daggers or Ninjutsu Gear
- Armor: Leather Armor or Light Armor
- Trinkets: Amulets or Rings
- Footwear: Boots
Where to Obtain Each Piece of Gear in the Set
- Obtained from vendors in major cities, such as Ul’dah or Limsa Lominsa
- Also found as loot from mobs in the field
- Obtained from the Blacksmith class in the Crafting section of the game
- Requires level 10 and the ability to synthesize a Katana
Recommendations on How to Allocate Stats on the Gear
The following are recommendations on how to allocate stats on the gear for Rogues and Ninjas:
- Daggers: Prioritize Attack Power and Accuracy
- Ninjutsu Gear: Prioritize Attack Power and Speed
- Leather Armor: Prioritize Defense and Vitality
- Light Armor: Prioritize Defense and Mobility
- Amulets: Prioritize Stamina and Intellect
- Rings: Prioritize Stamina and Intellect
- Boots: Prioritize Footing and Resilience
These recommendations will help you maximize your character’s potential in combat and increase their overall effectiveness in the game.
Warrior/Monk Starter Gear Set
- Overview of the Recommended Starter Gear Set for Warriors and Monks
Warriors and Monks are melee-based classes that require high defense and HP to survive in combat. As such, their recommended starter gear set emphasizes on increasing their defensive capabilities.
- Where to Obtain Each Piece of Gear in the Set
The following is a list of where to obtain each piece of gear in the set:
- Chestpiece: Obtained from the main story quest in the early levels of the game.
- Gloves: Dropped by level 22-24 monsters in the Shroud region.
- Leggings: Purchased from a NPC in the city of Ul’dah.
- Boots: Obtained from a side quest in the early levels of the game.
- Head: Dropped by level 20-22 monsters in the Black Shroud region.
- Earrings: Purchased from a NPC in the city of Ul’dah.
- Necklace: Obtained from a side quest in the early levels of the game.
- Ring: Dropped by level 20-22 monsters in the Black Shroud region.
- Recommendations on How to Allocate Stats on the Gear
The following is a list of recommendations on how to allocate stats on the gear:
- Prioritize defense stats such as HP and block rate.
- Aim for a balance between strength and dexterity to increase damage output and survivability.
- Allocate stat points based on the character’s playstyle and role in the party.
Mage/Warlock Starter Gear Set
Overview of the Recommended Starter Gear Set for Mages and Warlocks
The Mage/Warlock starter gear set is designed to provide new players with a balanced mix of offensive and defensive capabilities. This gear set is suitable for both Mages and Warlocks, as both classes utilize a combination of ranged attacks and magical abilities.
Where to Obtain Each Piece of Gear in the Set
- Weapon: The starting weapon for Mages and Warlocks is the Staff of the Thundering Ogre. It can be obtained from the main city of each starting zone.
- Head: The recommended headpiece for this gear set is the Mage’s Circlet or the Warlock’s Hood. Both items can be purchased from the Armorsmith NPC in each starting city.
- Body: The recommended body piece for this gear set is the Mage’s Robe or the Warlock’s Tunic. These items can be obtained from the Tailor NPC in each starting city.
- Hands: The recommended gloves for this gear set are the Mage’s Gloves or the Warlock’s Gloves. Both items can be purchased from the Armorsmith NPC in each starting city.
- Legs: The recommended pants for this gear set are the Mage’s Trousers or the Warlock’s Pants. These items can be obtained from the Tailor NPC in each starting city.
- Feet: The recommended boots for this gear set are the Mage’s Boots or the Warlock’s Boots. Both items can be purchased from the Armorsmith NPC in each starting city.
- Neck: The recommended neckpiece for this gear set is the Mage’s Choker or the Warlock’s Amulet. Both items can be obtained from the Jewelry NPC in each starting city.
Recommendations on How to Allocate Stats on the Gear
- Main Stats: The primary stats to focus on for Mages and Warlocks are Intelligence and Intelligence. These stats will directly affect the damage output of your spells and abilities.
- Secondary Stats: Secondary stats such as Determination, Spell Power, and Critical Hit Chance can also be allocated based on your preferred playstyle. For example, Determination will increase your maximum HP, while Spell Power will increase the damage of your spells.
- Resistance: It is also recommended to allocate points towards Resistance, as it will increase your resistance to various types of damage.
- Haste: Haste is a valuable stat for any class, as it will increase your cast speed and overall attack speed.
- Critical Hit Chance: Allocating points towards Critical Hit Chance can also be beneficial, as it will increase the chance of landing powerful critical hits.
Overall, the Mage/Warlock starter gear set provides a well-rounded balance of offensive and defensive capabilities, making it suitable for both Mages and Warlocks. By obtaining each piece of gear and allocating stats based on your preferred playstyle, you will be well-equipped to begin your journey in Final Fantasy XIV.
Healer Starter Gear Set
As a healer, it is important to have the right gear to effectively support your party. The following is a recommended starter gear set for Healers in Final Fantasy XIV:
- Black Hood of the Skeletal Hands (Crafted)
- Location: Tailors’ Guild in Ul’dah
- Required Crafting Materials: Hide of the Rim (x3), Moth Balls (x5), Thread (x10)
- Stats: HP +10, MP +10
- Choker of Faith (Purchased)
- Location: Sculptor’s Guild in Ul’dah
- Cost: 5,000 gil
- Stats: None
- Belt of Casting (Crafted)
- Location: Alchemists’ Guild in Ul’dah
- Required Crafting Materials: Silk (x10), Windmill Weed (x10), Flawless Sapphire (x1)
- Stats: HP +5, MP +5
- Harness of Subterfuge (Crafted)
- Location: Armorers’ Guild in Ul’dah
- Required Crafting Materials: Turtle Shell (x3), Hard Shell (x5), Behemoth Horn (x1)
- Stats: HP +15, Defense +10
- Gloves of Casting (Crafted)
- Waistband of the Roving Regulator (Crafted)
- Location: Goldsmiths’ Guild in Ul’dah
- Required Crafting Materials: Worm Scales (x5), Craftsman’s Sapphire (x1), Ashes of Norg (x1)
- Stats: HP +10, Strength +5
- Pants of the Arashikage (Crafted)
- Location: Weavers’ Guild in Ul’dah
- Required Crafting Materials: Wool (x10), Moth Balls (x5), Silk (x5)
- Boots of Casting (Crafted)
- Required Crafting Materials: Windmill Weed (x10), Flawless Sapphire (x1), Leather (x10)
To allocate stats on the gear, it is recommended to prioritize HP and MP, as these are crucial for a Healer’s survival and ability to cast spells. Additionally, increasing Defense and Strength can provide additional protection and increase the effectiveness of Healing spells.
With this starter gear set, you will be well-equipped to handle the challenges of Final Fantasy XIV as a Healer. Remember to upgrade your gear as you progress through the game and acquire better equipment.
Tips for Acquiring Starter Gear in Final Fantasy XIV
Farming Old Content for Gear
When it comes to acquiring starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV, one of the most effective methods is farming old content. This involves replaying previous raids and dungeons to collect gear that can help you progress further in the game. Here are some tips on how to efficiently farm old content for gear:
- Overview of old content that can be farmed for gear
Old content that can be farmed for gear includes raids and dungeons from previous expansions. Some of the most popular options include the Heavensward and Stormblood raids, as well as the Palace of the Dead and The Unending Coil of Bahamut dungeons.
- Strategies for efficiently farming old content
To efficiently farm old content, it’s important to have a solid strategy in place. This can include coordinating with a group, using consumables to boost your performance, and prioritizing which bosses to focus on first. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the mechanics of each encounter, as this can help you avoid unnecessary wipes and save time.
- Recommendations on which old content to prioritize for the best gear
When it comes to prioritizing old content for the best gear, it’s important to consider the level of difficulty and the quality of the loot available. Generally, higher level content will offer better gear, but it may also be more challenging to farm. Some popular options for farming include the Savage and Ultimate raids from previous expansions, as well as the challenging Expert mode of the Dungeon Roulette.
Utilizing the Auction House
The Auction House is a great resource for obtaining starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. Here are some tips for using the Auction House to acquire the necessary gear for your journey:
- Overview of the Auction House and how it works
The Auction House is a central hub where players can buy and sell items. It operates on a bidding system, where players can place bids on items they are interested in purchasing. The highest bidder at the end of the auction wins the item.
- Tips for using the Auction House to acquire starter gear
- Set a budget: Before using the Auction House, it’s important to set a budget for how much you’re willing to spend on starter gear. This will help you avoid overspending and ensure that you can afford other important aspects of the game.
- Check the item rarity: When browsing the Auction House, be sure to check the rarity of the item you’re interested in purchasing. Rarity levels can impact the price of an item, so it’s important to be aware of this when bidding.
- Check the item’s condition: The condition of an item can also impact its price. Be sure to check the condition of the item before placing a bid.
- Monitor the auction: It’s important to monitor the auction throughout its duration to ensure that you’re not outbid. Set a maximum bid amount and stick to it to avoid overspending.
- Read the item description: Be sure to read the item description carefully before placing a bid. This will help you understand the item’s properties and ensure that it’s the right fit for your needs.
Recommendations on which items to buy from the Auction House
Based on the needs of a beginner in Final Fantasy XIV, the following items are recommended to purchase from the Auction House:
Basic weapon: A basic weapon such as a sword or axe is essential for combat.
- Basic armor: Basic armor such as leather or chainmail is necessary for defense.
- Food and potions: Food and potions can help boost your stats during combat.
- Mount: A mount can help you travel faster across the game world.
Overall, the Auction House is a great resource for obtaining starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. By following these tips and making smart purchases, beginners can equip themselves for the challenges ahead.
Joining a Party or Group
Joining a party or group is a highly effective strategy for acquiring starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. Parties and groups offer several benefits that can greatly enhance a player’s ability to acquire gear and progress through the game. In this section, we will explore the benefits of joining a party or group, strategies for finding and joining a party or group, and recommendations on how to make the most of a party or group for acquiring gear.
Benefits of Joining a Party or Group
There are several benefits to joining a party or group in Final Fantasy XIV. First and foremost, parties and groups allow players to tackle content that is too difficult for them to handle alone. By pooling their resources and working together, players can overcome challenges that would otherwise be insurmountable. Additionally, parties and groups provide an opportunity for players to socialize and interact with one another, which can enhance the overall gaming experience.
Strategies for Finding and Joining a Party or Group
There are several strategies that players can use to find and join a party or group in Final Fantasy XIV. One of the most effective strategies is to use the Party Finder feature, which allows players to search for and join parties and groups that are looking for additional members. This feature can be accessed from the game’s main menu, and it provides a convenient way for players to find others who are looking for similar content.
Another strategy is to join a community or forum dedicated to Final Fantasy XIV. These communities are filled with experienced players who are happy to offer advice and assistance to beginners. By joining a community, players can learn about the best strategies for acquiring gear, as well as connect with other players who are looking to form parties and groups.
Recommendations on How to Make the Most of a Party or Group for Acquiring Gear
Once a player has joined a party or group, it is important to make the most of the opportunity. Here are a few recommendations for how to do so:
- Communicate effectively: It is important to communicate effectively with other members of the party or group. This includes sharing information about the player’s strengths and weaknesses, as well as any strategies that have been successful in the past.
- Stay focused: While it is important to have fun and socialize with other players, it is also important to stay focused on the task at hand. This means avoiding distractions and staying focused on the content that needs to be completed.
- Be willing to learn: Final Fantasy XIV is a complex game with a lot of nuances. By being willing to learn and ask questions, players can greatly enhance their ability to acquire gear and progress through the game.
Overall, joining a party or group is a highly effective strategy for acquiring starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV. By utilizing the Party Finder feature, joining a community or forum, and communicating effectively with other players, beginners can make the most of this opportunity and greatly enhance their ability to progress through the game.
1. Where can I buy starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV?
You can purchase starter gear from the in-game Market Board or from a general store in any of the game’s major cities. To access the Market Board, open your Character menu and select the “Market” tab. From there, you can browse available items and place bids or buy them directly from vendors. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest general store in cities like Ul’dah or Limsa Lominsa.
2. How much does starter gear cost in Final Fantasy XIV?
The cost of starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV varies depending on the quality and type of equipment. Basic gear can be obtained relatively cheaply, while higher-quality items can be more expensive. Generally, you can expect to spend a few thousand gil for a complete set of starter gear.
3. What types of starter gear are available in Final Fantasy XIV?
There are several types of starter gear available in Final Fantasy XIV, including weaponry, armor, trinkets, and other items. Weapons include swords, daggers, and bows, while armor includes chestpieces, gloves, boots, and helmets. Trinkets are special items that provide bonuses or enhancements to your character, such as increased stamina or improved defense.
4. Can I trade or sell starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV?
Yes, you can trade or sell starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV through the Market Board or to vendors. To trade an item, simply select it from your inventory and right-click on another player to initiate the trade. To sell an item, you can take it to a general store or list it on the Market Board.
5. Is it necessary to buy starter gear in Final Fantasy XIV?
While starter gear can be helpful for beginners, it is not strictly necessary to purchase it in order to play the game. Many players start off with the default equipment provided by the game and gradually acquire better gear as they progress through the game. However, if you have the resources and wish to enhance your character’s appearance or abilities, purchasing starter gear can be a fun and rewarding way to do so.